Paper & Materials
• A 20% client-provided materials allowance is required for all calligraphy orders. This applies to unorthodox materials as well (leaves, rocks, tiles). Unused materials will be returned to the client upon project completion.
• Large items on chalkboard, wood, and mirror are not subject to this allowance.
• The client is reponsible for supplying paper and will be shipped at their expense prior to the start date of the order.
• Paper type and color must be established before an order is accepted to ensure that the paper quality is conducive to calligraphy. Porous, metallic, or glossy surfaces affect what inks can be used. Changes in paper type or color after order is made may result in changes to project cost.
• Use of metallic ink, or more than one color in a single design may incur an additional fee.
• We can help with providing materials at cost of materials, plus finders fee.
Submission of Text & Address Lists
• Guest names and addresses must be submitted exaclty as they should be produced in calligraphy. This includes formal titles, capitalization, abbreviations, and punctuation.
• Below are examples of the suggested format.
• We know typos and additions happen! Any changes or additions should be emailed immediately as a separate document. If redos are required based on the new document, they will be charged as additional items.
• Any redos required because of typographical errors on the part of this studio will be done immediately at no charge, and shipped at the studio's expense.
Scheduling, Rush Orders, & Shipping
• Projects are scheduled to begin on specific dates. The deposit books your project's start date, and all text and paper must be received on or before that date.
• Allow approximately 3-5 weeks for your order. This is dependent on the size of your order and our calendar.
• Clients are responsible for all shipping fees. Completed orders will be shipped using a trackable shipping service, and the shipping fee will be added to the final invoice.
• Rush orders incur an additional upcharge (percentage to be based off of specific circumstances). Expedited shipping rates may also apply. A rush order is any order required within 10 business days.
Payment & Order Cancellation
• A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the quoted order total is required to schedule a project. The remaining balance is due upon completion of the project, before delivery of the finished goods. If the order changes after the deposit is made, the balance due will be adjusted unless the order is reduced below the level of the original deposit. In that case, no refund will be made.
• Acceptance of a deposit ensures an agreed-upon project start date, subject to timely receipt of text and materials from the client.
• If the client cancels an order after the initial deposit had been accepted, the deposit is not refundable. The client would also be responsible for paying for any work completed which exceeds the deposit amount.
• Electronic payments will incur a 2.9% surcharge.
• This studio does not have a minimum order quantity. We welcome all projects whether it is one envelope or a thousand!